A selection of music technology related links. Far from being complete, and will hopefully grow over time.
- MIR PhD list: list of PhD theses and doctoral dissertations related to Music Information Retrieval.
- MIR tools: slightly out of date list of MIR tools.
- MUSIC-IR Mailing list: IRCAM managed mailing for all that is MIR.
- MUSIC-DSP Mailing list: music digital signal processing mailing list managed by Columbia University.
- AUDITORY Mailing list: discussion of organizational aspects of auditory perception, managed by Dan Ellis.
- Music Technology Conferences: Gary P. Scavone's list of music technology related conferences.
- More Music Technology Conferences: Dan Ellis’s list of music technology conferences.
- And More Music Technology Conferences: Michael Fingerhut's list of audio-related conferences.
Research Groups & Institutes
By no means complete, please contact me if you'd like to have your group/institute added to the list. A far more comprehensive list can be found here: http://smcnetwork.org/resources/centers
- Audio, Acoustics and Waves (AAO), Telecom ParisTech, Paris, France
- Audio Research Group (ARG), Tampere University of Technology, Tampere, Finland
- Centre for Digital Music (C4DM), Queen Mary, London, UK
- Department of Computational Perception (CP), Johannes Kepler University Linz, Linz, Austria
- Finnish Centre of Excellence in Interdisciplinary Music Research (CoE), University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Institut de Recherche et Coordination Acoustique/Musique (IRCAM), France
- Intelligent Music Processing and Machine Learning Group (IMP/ML), Austrian Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence, Vienna, Austria
- Music Technology Group (MTG), Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain
- Semantic Music Technologies group (SMT), Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology (IDMT), Ilmenau, Germany
- Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCRMA), Stanford University, Standford, CA, USA
- Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Music Media and Technology (CIRMMT), McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Laboratory for the Recognition and Organization of Speech and Audio (LabROSA), Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
- Music and Audio Research Lab (MARL), New York University, NY, USA
- Princeton Soundlab, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, USA
- Media Interaction Group (MIG), Information Technology Research Institue (ITRI), National Institue of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan
- Multimedia Information Retrieval Lab (MIR), Computer Science and Information Engineering Department, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Music and Audio Computing Lab (MAC), Research Center for IT Innovation, Academia Sinica, Taiwan