I grew up in Jerusalem, where I went to the Charles E. Smith high school for the arts, majoring in music (jazz guitar). Between 2004 and 2007 I studied for a Bachelors degree in Computer Science at the University of Cambridge, UK, graduating with a First Class degree including awards for outstanding dissertation and achievement in a physical subject. In 2008 I completed my Master's degree with the Music Technology Group (MTG) of Pompeu Fabra University (UPF) in Barcelona, Spain, under the supervision of Emilia Gómez. In 2013 I completed my PhD thesis in Computer Science under the supervision of Emilia Gómez and Xavier Serra. In 2011 I was also a visiting researcher at the Sound Analysis/Synthesis team at IRCAM Paris, working with Geoffroy Peeters and Axel Röbel. I completed my postdoc at NYU under the mentorship of Juan Pablo Bello.
- My research - topics of interest, scientific service and teaching.
- My publications - journals, conferences, workshops and other contributions.
- My code & data - projects I'm currently or have been involved in.
- Melody extraction - what is melody extraction? how is it done? demos, applications and software.
- PhD Thesis - abstract, PDF, slides & audio examples for my doctoral thesis: "Melody Extraction From Polyphonic Music Signals"
- Contact details - how to get in touch.